Friday, May 11, 2018

Make Overs All Around!

My new and improved energy and zest for life levels made it easy to say "yes" to a completely last minute and unexpected invitation to enjoy an evening out with my cousin and her daughter last night.

It was an evening of laughter and enjoying my nephew's comedic talent. Now that I write this, it is starting to sound like a bit of a family reunion.

I had a bit of an obstructed view to the stage and when I couldn't watch my nephew, I enjoyed watching his audience just as much. What a gift this man has. The sheer enjoyment and laughter transformed plain and ordinary human beings into pure joy. The smiles and laughter were from the heart and all encompassing.

Earlier the same day, my cousin's daughter transformed her grandma with a facial and mini makeover before she did a little photo shoot of her. My aunt (her grandma) is a joyful being to begin with but her smart remarks and witty comebacks transformed her before the makeup even had a chance.

The pictures turned out amazing and the essence of my aunt were captured very nicely. The makeover was a nice little bonus but the true beauty came from my aunt's spirit and smile.

No makeover was required for my nephew's audience last night. Joy, laughter and smiles lit up the room. The audience seemed ageless and the years vanished as we all appreciated the talent which united us in laughter.

Truly, the only makeover anyone needs is a sense of joy which comes from within and transforms into a smile that lights up one's soul.

To my nephew, who lit up an entire audience ...

To my cousin's daughter, who has an amazing talent of capturing the true essence of her grandma ...

To my cousin, who invited me along as a result of an extra ticket to this event ...

I simply say "thank you". I felt like I was made over from the inside, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment