Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

I bought some yellow roses to signify the day
I am not a flower lover so I gave most of them away.

I think of you more often than you could ever know
I feel you in my heart and soul everywhere I go.

I feel your presence deeply and often speak your name
You will never be forgotten, though life is not the same.

I'm letting go, I'm looking up, I'm letting life back in
And when I think of little things, I break out in a grin.

Last Mother's Day, you made your wishes known:
"Mother's Day at our half way spot,
I'll see you there at 10!"

"Add a smiley face" you said, I look back and remember
What a gift you have given us - each of us has the other.

We didn't take a picture of our last Mother's Day together
What we have is better.

Memories of all the times we gathered, just because we could
It was not a pressing matter or feeling like we should.


As you closed your eyes one last time and saw us all together
I trust you know our bond is tight and will endure all things
We will not be alone - we always have each other.

Mother's Day will always be "your day" to me
It will never be the same
Thank you for the years we had
The memories that we made.

I cherish what we had
I am grateful for what you gave us.

Your actions spoke louder than any words
You could have ever spoken.
You may be gone 
But I feel your love, your caring and compassion.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom
Wherever you may be.
You will never be forgotten 
I carry a piece of you within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment