Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday! At Last!!!

The gift of this Time of Great Exhaustion is the elation a weekend brings. I woke up this morning with the refrains "You can do it!" "One last day!" "You are almost there!" chorusing through my mind.

I can DO this! I can work one more day.

What plans do I have? None. All I can say about that is "Yee haw!!!"

All of the hard things are done:

P Hair is washed
P Sheets are clean
P Laundry is done
P House is vacuumed (then again, I could vacuum twice a day with these cats that shed as much as they breathe)
P Groceries vital to our needs are in the house (thought I could buy some option items that would result in the ability to cook a meal)

There are no errands to be run or missions I must accomplish taking up space in my mind. I can make this weekend whatever I need it to be.

There are books to be read. Cats to admire. Sun to be soaked up. Lost items to be found (this eternal game of an "Easter Egg Hunt" could be considered fun if I tricked myself into believing this was a game - not a symptom of me losing my ability to remember where I put things).

My goals for the weekend are vague but I have a few. I will do what I do and call it good enough. Yes, it will be a weekend titled: "Whatever will be, will be good enough!"

Happy weekend to you as well. Here's hoping for a few rays of sunshine ... but happy to simply be able to stay home. There is no place quite like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment