Thursday, February 15, 2018

Just Write

My thoughts are swimming all over the place this morning and I don't know if I can pin down a topic. So I will just write ...

First off, "Winter, I am so over you!" While I say that with gratitude for a year where being home bound and off the highways makes cold and snow and blowing and unpredictability simply one more cross to bear as we await the coming of Spring ... I am NOT looking forward to the hour ahead of me where I must shovel yesterday's snow in -43 (with the wind) conditions. Blech!

Secondly, "YAY!! For extra long weekends!" I saw an opportunity to create a four day weekend from both of my employers. I asked for the extra day off and it was granted. Then the day inched closer and I thought why waste a day off when I have no concrete plan on how to spend it wisely.

Thirdly, "Thank you!! To the wonderful, wonderful people I work for (and with)". I messaged them last night and told them to cancel my request and I would be there Friday. They both responded with the answer of (basically) "No, you need a 4 day weekend once in a while!" Life is good.

Fourthly, "I feel my dream function WANTING to come back to life". I have no idea how to fulfil this dream quest, but I FEEL like doing something completely spontaneous, fun and without thinking of the ramifications (I guess I'd better not get a dog then, huh?).

Fifthly, "I think I'm ready to pitch my cell phone into a snowbank while I shovel". While I thoroughly appreciate the convenience, the necessity and the fact that they are great gadgets to have in case of emergency or a need to communicate quickly ... I am quietly resenting the lack of face-to-face, voice-to-voice conversations at times. My son chided me on my overuse of emoticons and I explained I feel they are necessary because it is so easy to misinterpret a text message when it doesn't come with voice, facial and body expressions to aid communication.

Text messages should come with a limited number of characters (says the person who uses far too many words to communicate). There should be default phrases which say "Let's talk" when a person has the inclination to start a new paragraph via text (guilty as charged!).

So here I sit. There is snow to be shovelled, a work day to put in ...

I am back. Snow is shovelled; text messages have been tended to and I am off to start the short day ahead of me. I only have my "day job" to attend today, so I will probably be home before the sun sets.

Ahhh... life is good.

P.S. If it were not for the fresh arrival of newly fallen snow, I would not see the evidence of the rabbit that hops in and out and through our front yard. This rabbit eludes me, yet I know it has been here. The mere idea of knowing there is a rabbit close by makes me think of Mom and her rabbits.

As it is with Mom's "presence" ... I feel it, but I can't put my hands on it, see it or prove it. It simply leaves its mark in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment