Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's Thursday

I am officially tapped out. That's it. I can only do three day work weeks. Preferably two days because that third one wipes me out.

I think I need to take a course on how to take care of this new age generation of children. I've raised three children of my own. I've run my daycare for the better part of fifteen years. I think I know a little about raising children. But apparently? I don't.

I have tried every thing I know how to try. I have monitored every move, intercepted the actions I want stopped as they are happening, I can't even take a bathroom break or turn my back without drama unfolding the second I'm not looking.

I am running out of ideas. Even if I felt like we were making progress, I would be encouraged. But it feels like behaviours have gone from bad to worse.

I am tempted to just let everyone do whatever they darn well please. Let them run wild. No rules. No guidance. No teachable moments. Just let them go. It certainly couldn't be worse, could it?

Yes. Yes it could. I know this.

I have absolutely no idea how teachers manage a classroom full of children. No idea.

I sit here and look at these words and I don't see my answers. I must keep doing what I am doing. I must be consistent. Unchangeable rules and expectations for all has always worked for me in the past.

I have a different crowd coming today. One of my regulars will not be here. Maybe the shift of personalities will do the trick. At least for today. It's the only hope I have. Other than the remote possibility that everyone phones in sick.

I was looking for the perfect quote to end this miserable post and I think I found it:

"It's Thursday, or as I like to call it: 'Day 4 of the Hostage Situation' "

Carry on! There is only one way through this. One minute at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment