Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering

I'm feeling quiet this morning and reading stories about the events of this day, fourteen years ago. The thoughts I was thinking two years ago are the same thoughts I'm thinking this morning.

I remember how quiet the skies were that day and the days that followed. I remember how sad and eerie that felt. Our world changed that day.

From September 11, 2013:

I remember ... turning on the TV that morning and the slow realization that what I was witnessing was a live broadcast.

I remember ... sleepwalking through the day. I did what I had to do, with my eyes focused on the TV every available moment.

I remember ... wandering through the hallway of our home and appreciating the simple fact that I felt safe. We were going through a day just like any other, while our American neighbors were living a tragedy that touched millions.

I remember ... feeling gratitude. Gratitude for all the freedoms that living in our country allows.

I remember ... thinking that I would never forget. I would never take what we have for granted.

The world felt like a very small place. The tragedy of 9/11 brought to light that we are all vulnerable. Life as we know it can change in an instant.

I remember it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment