Monday, July 20, 2015

Spinning My Wheels Again

Five more daycare days until holidays. One last income tax job to polish up and send on its way. Two sets of columns to be submitted. One more bookkeeping day. Then, it will be holiday time.

Since I've already been places, done things, seen so many people and spent so much money there is little left for me to do.

I don't have a book project to work on. I do have a house project I should start though. Six years of neglect is starting to show.

Where does one begin when the job is so big and so dark and so deep and so tall?

Just like the book project, which preceded the house project, I must simply start.

Starting anywhere ... "is a very good place to start. When you read you begin with A, B, C. When you sing you begin with do, re, mi ..." ~ lyrics from Do-Re-Me, from "The Sound of Music".

At the moment, I have a tab on my browser open to "Getting Started - FlyLady.net". I am starting to feel the way I did when I knew the book had no way to go but "finished".

This house was revived before, it can be done again. I am not so certain the "Law of Provision" will provide me with the funding I seem to think I need. But small miracles always seem to happen once I set myself in a forward direction.

"Clean" costs nothing. "Decluttering" is free. It is that can of paint, the flooring, baseboards, trim. doors and windows that start to add up.

One room. Just one room.

When you houseclean you begin with just one room. Maybe one drawer. The beginning is a very good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment