Monday, May 4, 2015

A Do-Over Kind of Weekend (aka: Monday, I am SO Not Ready For You!)

I feel so incredibly unprepared for "Monday". I feel like I am running on empty.

This past weekend was just an experiment. Please let me try it and do it all over again. I can learn from what went wrong and do it better. I promise.

I would leave my house five minutes earlier to go to work Saturday morning. I would leave the house a half hour earlier to meet up with a friend Saturday evening. I would get up an hour earlier Sunday morning.

I would listen more and talk less. I would relax and just let things flow. I would not try so hard.

I would find a way to politely tell the young man (and the two girls he was trying to impress) to stop talking through the entire movie I went to see with my son yesterday.

I would eat better, breathe deeper, stop more often and just inhale the moments.

Moments.

There were simply not enough of them these past two days. Last week was too busy and I was really counting on the weekend to breathe air back into my soul.

I scanned the calendar for the upcoming month. It is empty. I am beyond relieved.

I don't have a to-do-list or a must-be-there list. I just have to wake up each morning and show up for my day. That is it.

I can do that!

One day at a time. That is all. Just show up. I can do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment