Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Today is a New Day

It's coming ...

My thought processes are starting to unblock. I can feel it.

I have started and stopped writing a few times because I can't decide what to write about this morning. Whew!!

Do I write about the importance of 'watching my thoughts' (because they become my words)? Boy!, if yesterday wasn't a perfect example of that, I don't know what was. Enough said.

Do I write about (yet again) our Senior Cat's return of stabilized health? Yes, I know I have written about this before but he seems to be 'the cat he used to be' back in 2014. Is it because I am giving him an extra half-dosage of his prednisone? Or is it because I stayed home last weekend?

Most of all, I know my biggest epiphany came from rereading the quote:

Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

I have not been watching my thoughts lately and I have been treading into deep and dangerous waters.

It has affected every part of my life.

Most importantly, it has affected the way I handle myself throughout my daycare days.

Yesterday was a bad day. A very bad day. Was it so bad because of the attitude I had as I walked into and through the day? Or did I compound the situation by seasoning it with negativity, lack of energy and enthusiasm?

Last week I felt like 'everyone' was upset with me for one reason or another. This week, I am beginning to realize that I am the one who is upset with myself.

I know better! When you know better, you do better. I tell my daycare charges this all of the time.

This realization came from reading my own words from the archives of my very own blog. I think I need to sit down and have a good, long talk with myself.

I know these things. Knowing and doing are two different things.

Today ... I will do better. I will do better than yesterday, anyway. Yikes, if ever there was a day to rewind and do-over, yesterday was 'it'.

Today is my chance to rewind the tape and start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment