Monday, October 20, 2014

Oozing Happy and To-Do-Lists

I have discovered one thing, these past few weeks. For me, it is easier to write a book than it is to plan a reunion!

Perhaps that is why it took me took six years to complete our family book project. I mastered the art of procrastination and never forced myself to work at it.

A reunion, however, is a totally different ball of wax.

If I was to sit down and write these days, my words would sound like a to-do-list in paragraph form. I keep finding and adding and fine tuning all-that-I-think-must-be-done.

There is a deadline this time. I am responsible for making sure we are there on the deadline. That is it. That was all I had to do. It was my bright idea to add a few little 'challenges' (namely, a program and a liquor license) to the mix.

I think it will all be worth it in the end. Just a little something to help us pass the time as a group of mild-mannered relatives gather under one roof. I think a glass of wine and a little entertainment will go quite well with that.

Tending to all-of-the-above and life in general has eaten up my early waking hours these past three days.

Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

But even if it is not, that is fine by me. I like this pace. I'm 'oozing' happy for no good reason. Other than the fact that I do believe I'm living life at a pace that is good for me.

I look forward to sitting still with my thoughts very soon though. I also feel like I'm missing a little bit of 'something' when I live at this pace for too long.

Time for quiet reflection is my favorite time of all. It will return. And when it does, I hope my words find their way back to my fingertips.

In the meantime, this is just a little ditty to remind myself that I am still here. I'll be back writing in full force again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment