Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What Will I Do?

"What will you do when you finish this book?" my Youngest Son asked me a few weeks ago.

Oh, the answers that streamed into my head.

I will clean. I will read. I will cull through the excesses of the filing cabinet. And drawers. And closets. I will rid our home of excess and get back down to bare-bones living and room to breathe and live and dream again.

Do you know what I am most afraid I will actually do, after my book project is over? That I will sleep. And sleep. And sleep some more.

Two Mondays in a row, I have been dead to the world and fast asleep by 7:30 p.m.

I keep saying it is because I wore out my brain on the weekend but I am fearful this could become my new reality if I am not careful.

I am going to stick to 'Plan A' and endeavor to clear out the clutter that has seeped into every nook and cranny of our home.

It is time to make way for something new. New hopes, new goals, new dreams. New life is headed our way. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment