Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Holiday - Day One

I woke up with my alarm this morning, all ready and set to start my holiday. The only thing is ... I need to unpack my Negativity Suitcase in order to make room for Positive and Fun.

I have walked into this holiday with a little excessive heaviness that I need to unload. So I emailed my brother and released a lot of words there that were not fit for human consumption. Now I am ready to begin! (And how are you feeling now, Brother? Are you feeling the need to start your own blog to release some of that heaviness and place it back on my shoulders??)
  • House - clean and tidy ü
  • Room-with-a-door is office ready ü 
  • Checked my negative attitude at the door (still working on it)
I am not a big fan of over-commitment and at the onset of this holiday, that is exactly where I am at. Did you ever start a vacation wishing it was over? No?? Oh. Me either!

My internal agenda is telling me to tie up all loose ends in Real Life by 9:00 this morning, so that I can segue into the part of my holiday that I am most looking forward to. Sorry. My hermit-wannabe-quality is rearing its ugly head. It will go away once I feed it.

I think that is the key. To feed that which needs to be fed. I am so very glad that I am feeding my need for quiet, isolation, reflection and warm fuzzy family memories first. This will be the best appetizer for the holiday which I have set before me.

I have been too 'out there' lately. I want to come back home and stay 'inside' for a while. And that is exactly what I am going to do.

I am going to be fine. I am going to be more than fine. I just need a little bit of time alone to remember who I am and not who I am trying to be.

I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment