Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Best Day

I woke up about fifteen minutes before my alarm was to go off. It wasn't the first time I woke up. It wasn't the first time that I fell back to sleep without the aid of the TV to distract my thoughts from keeping me awake. It wasn't the first time that I realized that my back and neck were not uncomfortable. It was a good night.

The alarm went off and what song would greet my day, but my new favorite "Happy" song. "It is going to be a good day" I thought to myself. But I stayed in bed enjoying the tranquillity of the day before it started. I'm not sure how much time elapsed (perhaps two songs on the radio?) and my second favorite song (that makes me feel light and breezy) "Best Day of My Life" started to play on the radio.

My day started with a smile and I wasn't even fully conscious yet...

Then I opened up my door to greet the day and who was sprawled out in front of my bedroom door (as he is each and every day)? ... but Junior Cat. With his Senior Partner in Cathood waiting patiently at the end of the hallway.

I am loved. I am happy. This is going to be the best day of my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment