Friday, March 7, 2014

Could I Buy Just a Little More Time?

Wow! This week has sped by. I can't believe we are already heading into another weekend. There was so very much more that I wanted to get done with the week.

Pause.

I can't believe I just wrote that. The week wasn't long enough.

It wasn't long enough to find out the end of too many 'stories' that began this week.

It wasn't long enough to take care of the clutter that has been left in and around my world so that I can start the weekend with a clear slate.

It wasn't long enough to tie up a few loose ends.

It wasn't long enough to enjoy. Yes!, I very much enjoy my weekdays and the days were so consumed by living and planning and taking care of 'life' that I didn't get to sit down and savor the moments (aka: fall asleep on the couch ...).

Okay. Stop the presses. That last point makes me want to stop and ponder. Why do I savor the moments where I sit still and cannot stay awake?

What is it about that stillness that makes it the highlight of my day?

It is the part of the day where the presses do stop. My brain quits thinking and my body stops moving. Combine those two elements and I am down for the count. And loving it.

Last night, I was still awake and thinking at 9:00 p.m. I happened to be texting my brother at that time and he questioned why I was up past my bedtime. I had to stop and think for a moment. What was going on here?

I was enjoying my evening the way that a lot of people do. I accomplished a few small feats. I received a few emails that spurred me into action ... and thinking.

I feel like I got my money's worth out of this week. That said, could I buy just a little more time before the weekend?

How about you? Did you get your money's worth out of your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment