Friday, February 7, 2014

A Sleep Injury

Ten days ago, I woke up with a sleep injury. I placed the blame solely on the fact that I had went to bed at about 7:00 the previous evening and my back could only take so much immobility in one sleeping. I woke up stiff and sore and my malady has reoccurred every night since then.

I strategically place pillows all around my sleeping zone so that my achy back can find relief no matter which way I lay. I have tried every variation except for hanging upside and I have not yet found the magical solution to bring back sleep-as-I-once-knew-it.

Once I get up and moving, I am cured and the symptoms do not present themselves again, until the next time I fall asleep.

My only other symptom is the fact that it 'hurts' to drive. What a ninny I have become!! First off, I become nauseous even thinking about sitting in the back seat of a car. And now this? I get cramps in my 'seating area' and it physically hurts to remain seated in the driving position!

The pitfalls of aging seem to be catching up with me. This time, last year it was sore thumbs. Now, my lower back and buttocks!?!! These are important body parts! I think that my entire chassis needs a good oil and lube job. A general greasing of the drivetrain's steering system and the suspension system sounds pretty good right about now.

As I rethink of the drama that I have created within myself this week - from worrying about our Senior Cat's health condition ... to an over-reaction to a bad hair style ... to whining about a bad night's sleep, I can't help but wonder if the central theme is that my thoughts have become 'all about me' and I need to push myself out of this self absorbed spot and get out into the land of the living.

And that is just what I shall do. Tonight I have a dance class to attend. This weekend, I must work. There are things to do and places to be.

Enough of the drama already! It is time to get moving and shaking. If I can injure myself while I am sleeping, what does that say about my overall state of physical fitness!?

No comments:

Post a Comment