Monday, February 10, 2014

A Fresh New Week

I am so grateful for Mondays!

Monday is the beginning of a week where I wake up in the morning and my 'work' comes to me.

Monday is a day when I wake up and breathe a huge sigh of relief. "I get to stay home. I get to stay home! I get to stay home!!" is the mantra that sings within my early waking thoughts.

Monday feels like a fresh, new slate. I know the calendar starts its week on Sunday. Personally, my weeks begin on Monday. No matter what the weekend was - work, play, relaxation, productivity, people, solitude or a combination of all of the above - Monday is a new day. A new week. A fresh start.

Do I live for my weekends? A little bit. But not the way I once did. Weekends are the days I get to 'change the channel' and watch something different within my life. But I rather enjoy my weekday line-up.

I was out of the house far too much this past weekend. I could barely pry myself out of bed in the mornings because I knew my day was 'spent' the moment my feet hit the ground. So I hit the pause button and stayed in bed far longer than I usually do.

When I returned at the end of my days, I wanted to cocoon myself in my quiet little spot. I always made it there at the end of the day. But I didn't feel like I enjoyed the voyage that I took to get me where I most wanted to be.

I had a little bit of people-contact after my work hours. But it was hard work holding up my end of the conversation. I was done. I was empty. I was depleted by the time I walked in the door last night.

It is nights-like-this that I wish I lived with cats. Cats need so very little. Very little (or less) was all I had left. Cats tend to forgive you if you have a cranky moment at the end of a very long day at the end of a very long working weekend.

I am very fortunate to live in a home where 'my people' need very little from me either. I walk in the door and no one expects much (if anything) from me. People may forgive you if you have a cranky moment at the end of a very long day at the end of a very long working weekend ... but they don't forget the 'cranky'.

I'm sorry. I was cranky. I wish you hadn't seen that. I wish I hadn't felt that. I can tell that I am feeling my life tip out of balance when I feel that emotion so intensely.

Today is Monday. A new day. A new week. I have hit the 'reset' button. I feel better already. The 'cranky' has left the building.

I am so ready for this new day!

Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” 
― L.M. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment