Sunday, November 3, 2013

If It's Not Done Early ... It is Not Done at All

If it doesn't get written done by 7:30 a.m., there is a pretty good chance that it is not going to get written done at all. This is the story of my life.

Things have been headed this way for a while. A week full of  Daycare Days, followed by weekend employment with writing assignments tossed in for good measure equals a lack of productive time within my life as I know it.

Life has become far too busy. I have worked three weekends in a row. I did take one entire day for myself, but I managed to turn a fun-filled day into a work day. I left the house at 8 a.m. and didn't return until 5:30. Trust me to turn fun into work...

I wake up Friday mornings with a pit in my stomach. Oh no. The weekend. Friday morning, I tried to write about something that was not of the oh-no-it-is-Friday-again variety. But I ran out of time. I couldn't get the words written before my revolving door opened for the day. I took a minute and wrote down what I could when the morning got quiet but I didn't have time to finish my thought and post it. It didn't get done by 7:30 ... so it didn't get done.

I started this post yesterday morning. Then I started emailing and texting and talking in the middle of my second paragraph and the next thing I knew, I had to run out the door to get to work. I got home and barely got through supper when the evening's events took over. Then I slept.

I resumed this post this morning. I added an excessive amount of words that were unnecessary and then wrote an email instead of editing this down to size.

I have reset my alarm for 5:00 a.m. ... maybe an extra half hour in the morning will help. But what I really long for, is a leisurely weekend morning.

I miss my weekends. I really, really do.

I am grateful for all of the avenues of employment that have opened up for me. But life is so much more than work. I know that I need to earn a living. But what I really long for is a life.

In the mean time, I have my mornings. I will have to make the most out of those precious hours and do as much as I can before 7:30 a.m. ... because if it isn't done by that time, it probably won't get done.

Sigh. I am off to work. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment