Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Craving Quiet

I have no words. I am tired. I need quiet ...

It has felt hectic around here, yet people walk into our home and comment on the calmness. That is good to hear. But it doesn't feel that way.

My head is a jumble of thoughts, emotions, concerns and a general up-in-the-air-ness...

I am simply a little off balance. I am craving some of my holiday bliss. The quiet. The solitude. I want to shut the world out for a day or two ...

Our home is amazingly serene considering the fact that four adult-sized beings, two cats and two dogs live within a small space. Personal space is an essential need for all and I think that we are doing a pretty fine job of sharing that-which-we-have.

'Family' is the general theme of life around here. We have had a recent influx of relatives moving in and out and through our doors. It has been incredible and I hope that never ends ...

The tipping point was The Fence. That project went awry for so many reasons. It has consumed far more energy than it deserved. It has taken a toll on all of us and I just want it to be over.

I am channelling an inner calmness within today. I have aroma therapy scents in the areas I frequent the most. I can feel the serenity wafting my way.

I'll be back. Soon. I can feel the words fighting to find their way to my fingertips. They are just not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment