Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kitty Caresses

Our New Cat has the habit of following (or beating) me into the bathroom whenever he knows that I am headed that way.

I think this has something to do with the fact that he knows that once I sit down, he has a captive audience and my hands are at the perfect level to pet him, scratch his ears and just basically adore him.

If I tend to forget to continue to lavish my affection on him, he stands on the floor with his front paws on my knees and his face close to mine. And the loving continues ...

This morning, he was doing just that and as we were in our face-to-face pose and I was massaging his head, his paw kept raising up in the air as if to give me a high five.

I stopped scratching and gazed into our New Cat's eyes. Mutual adoration was the result. And then it happened ...

He raised his paw and lovingly caressed my cheek. Twice.

Thanks, Kitty-Cat! You'll never know just how much I needed that. Then again?? Maybe you did ..

No comments:

Post a Comment