Sunday, July 28, 2013

Freudian Slip

I didn't have time to proof read yesterday's post before I ran out the door.

I made four stops on the way to my pedicure and hair appointment and breezed in the door with a minute to spare before my appointment time (then I waited).

After five hours, I came out with pretty feet.

I made three more stops on my way home. I had left the house at 9:30 and got home at 6:30. It wasn't a productive day. Unfortunately, it wasn't a lot of fun either.

I got home, dumped the groceries on the floor and soaked my head under the tap in the kitchen sink. I towel dried my hair, put a dab of styling product in it and finger-placed my hair where I wanted it to go.

I looked in the mirror and was not impressed. Then I sat down and (finally) proofread the blog post I wrote before I ran out the door yesterday morning. And saw the title "Hatless and Lovin' I". I immediately changed the "I" to "It" and then reread the post.

The last words I wrote resonated with me "I enjoyed being without a hat this week. And after I get my hair done, it will be too 'pretty' to wear one". At that very moment in time, I was thinking a hat would be very good. But then I thought about the Freudian slip as I accidentally titled the post "Hatless and Lovin' I". I thought to myself that perhaps I should listen to those words that accidentally fell off of my fingertips before the day began. Keep the 'hat' off and love myself anyway.

I called it a day pretty early last night. I put me and my finger-styled hair to bed. I woke up this morning and went through my routine of ruffling and messing up my hair as soon as I got out of bed. By the time I made it to a mirror and checked the reflection, my hair was looking much better than it had the day prior (I have good 'morning after' hair - I must sleep on it before it has the right look). Hopefully several washings and the sun will help the color along.

So after all was said and done, I am "Hatless and Lovin' I" after all.

Today... keep your hat off and love thyself anyway. There is really no better way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment