Saturday, July 6, 2013

Breathing in the Day

I woke up to absolutely no agenda today. It was a tad frightening because I have been known to completely waste days like this (or else go out and adopt a new cat). I had no idea how I was going to flow with this day ...

Thankfully little things happened that made the day pass in a thoroughly enjoyable way.

A few friends dropped into my inbox. I called a friend. That friend called me back when I got called away from the phone.

I picked up the car that was waiting for me at the garage. I got a few groceries (actual food items!!) while I was out. I came home and made a salad. And ... I actually assembled a supper meal.

I got the laundry caught up. I vacuumed. I puttered. I extended no more energy than the bare minimum required. But I still accomplished a few small tasks.

I spent the vast majority of the day in the living room. Surrounded in the quietness of the day, my family all tending to their own interests. And the cats ...

There is really nothing quite like enjoying a leisurely cat-like-day ...  with a cat (or two) at your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment