Friday, May 3, 2013

The Reason I Take My Job Very Seriously

Children See, Children Do:



As I tell 'my kids': "When you know better, you do better". And what is my excuse when I exhibit behaviour I don't want my kids to repeat? Thankfully this is happening less and less as time goes on (and spring seeps into our days).

** P.S. Two hours after posting this and sending myself positive, subconcious messages ... I was not the adult role model that I set out to be. I am an imperfect person in an imperfect world. I do my best. But I am human. My patience has limits. When exceeded, a 'time out' is required. I gave myself the time out as much as I gave it to the child that was testing my patience. We came back at it with a 'let's start from here' attitude and carried on with the day. Sometimes? We teach our children how to overcome challenges by overcoming them ourselves. Instead of beating myself up over a bad moment, I will focus on the fact that the moment was brief and that we overcame it in a positive way. Sometimes? We do our best and though it isn't perfect ... it is good enough. Let's teach ourselves 'forgiveness'. Forgive ourselves, forgive others. Learn. And carry on...**

No comments:

Post a Comment