Thursday, March 21, 2013

Things That Really Don't Matter ...

I have the strangest ailment known to me, in my life-thus-far. I have strained a 'sitting muscle'.

The pain I feel is only noticeable when I sit down. Sitting on a chair with my feet on the floor? It hurts. Sitting on the floor with kids all over me and my feet extended outwards? It hurts. Sitting on the comfy, soft couch with my feet stretched out in front of me? It still hurts!

It is a pain akin to the that which I felt when I got caught up in an ice rut and landed on my 'sitting muscles' a while ago. I checked. There is no bruise. In fact, I hurt in a different place than the original bruise (it is still there).

I racked my brain to try and remember if I fell last night when I was delivering flyers in gale force winds, trudging through snow drifts. Nope. I didn't go down. Not even close. It was a pain in the neck to complete the job last night ... but I didn't fall.

So what did I do to deserve this 'pain in the butt' today?? I have no idea.

I guess that I have exceeded my body's sitting quota. It is time to get up and move.

Obviously, if this post is any indication of anything at all ... I won't be waking up with a head-ache tomorrow.

**This quote has little, to nothing to do with today's post ... but it arrived in my inspirational email this morning and it seemed to fit with the thoughts that have been consuming my mind lately**

"Any writer can attest in the luckiest happiest state
the words are not coming from you but through you."
~from the movie, Ruby Sparks~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment