Saturday, March 9, 2013

Recharging

We seem to be amassing (perhaps) a few too many cordless gadgets around here that run off battery power. You don't realize it at first. Until everything seems to need to be charged up at the same time.

I have had my netbook (mini laptop) computer up and running alot lately. With so many new demands on the main computer, I like to keep my personal online connection available to me. I don't seem to have the time to utilize that availability, but it is my security blanket. I like to know it is there if I want it. I have the ability to unplug it from the wall and take it wherever I happen to be.

My son donated a no-name kind of 'tablet' to me. I had been pondering the idea of getting an iPod or iPad, but I didn't want to spend the money, nor did I want to enable my Internet addiction any further. So this slow-moving android tablet has been fun for me to try out. I do think that one could become quickly addicted to being able to take this light, skinny little thing (with no wires!) anywhere they wanted to go.

Then there is the battery for the camera, the cordless phone, my cell phone and portable DVD players. You name it, it can be charged and wireless. Battery levels just have to be monitored, so that all of the power is available when you want to use it.

Yesterday seemed to be the day when everything ran out of power. The camera's battery no longer holds a charge, so it must be charged daily,  I was charging the tablet last night, when I noticed that my cell phone was almost dead, so I charged it overnight. I forgot to charge the cordless phone last night, so it could be on its last legs today. I am presently charging the netbook so that I know it is raring to go whenever I am.

I am feeling a little bit exhausted this morning, after a restless night (a late night delivering flyers and then I could not warm up when I went to bed, so I shivered until the early morning hours). I feel like my battery is running low.

I am fortunate. I know that good night's sleep will recharge me and I will up with the birds tomorrow morning and be raring to go. In fact, because last night's restless sleep is rare for me ... I have not only some 'reserves' within me, but I also know that I will be able to sleep soundly and fully recharge my batteries tonight.

Many, many people that I know do not have this same luxury. I am blessed and I am grateful. For my Ever-Ready rechargeable battery within ...

No comments:

Post a Comment