Sunday, March 24, 2013

I May Not Be There Yet ...

Today's inspiration comes to you on behalf of a quote I found on Facebook this morning:

"I may not be there yet ... but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

There are days, weeks and months that feel like I have spun my wheels and gone no where.

I have travelled down roads that didn't take me where I thought I wanted to go, so I turned around and tried again.

I have sat in neutral and done absolutely nothing for (what feels like) days, weeks and months. Even in 'doing nothing', I did something. I absorbed what I saw, heard and felt. Even that time of 'doing nothing' did something that gave me the insight that I would utilize to take me where I needed to go.

Then there are those times where I have actively gone out and pursued my goals. I have taken tentative steps, sent out feelers and gone all out and just went boldly where I had never gone before.

The good, the bad and the ugly are all a part of this thing called 'life'. Every person we meet, every chance encounter ... it all makes a difference to the way we see ourselves and the small differences we can make within our own little world.

Making mistakes, spinning your wheels, taking chances and simply waking up each morning and putting one foot in front of the other makes an impact. We are a work in progress. Every thing we see, hear, feel and do takes us one step closer to where we hope to be.

No matter where you are today, no matter how futile yesterday felt, no matter that it feels like you are spinning your wheels or going backwards and not making headway towards that illusive place of where you hope to be ... you are closer than you were yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment