Saturday, February 2, 2013

Set a Date, a Place and a Time ...

My cousin and I have been making vague, "We must get together sometime ..." plans for a few years now. As we parted ways after seeing each other at a funeral recently, we were going through the motions of repeating that statement once again when I suggested that we really had to be specific. Because it wasn't working any other way.

Out of the clear blue sky, I chimed off, "How about ... we meet at 4:00, February 2nd, at Your Home Town (about the half way meeting place between the cities we both live in)." When I remembered to check the calendar when I got home, I was more than a little surprised to see that February 2nd landed on a Saturday. I sent off an email to my cousin to see how her calendar looked that day and she said it worked great. But, "How about we make it 2:00, meet for coffee and then go over to visit my parents afterwards ..."

So a plan was made. We have just endured a week of severe winter weather where I wouldn't even consider leaving the city. But the long term forecast for Saturday, February 2nd was mild. The forecast never changed. The skies parted once again and made (what looked to be) impossible things possible.

One minor glitch arose. A friend of her husband's family passed away this week and they had a funeral to attend. "How would 4:00 work ... only we will just go straight to my parent's (for a supper invitation which was extended) instead?"

Hmmm. 4:00 on February 2nd at our Intended Meeting Place. Exactly according to our initial 'plan' when I reached out and spoke the first words that came to mind.

We will miss out on our one-on-one visit, but I suppose when I look at this day in reverse I will find a grander plan was at play.

But for now? I had a reason to get up this morning. I have much to do before my 'date with destiny' ...

Be specific in what you ask for in life. Make note of your wishes. Tuck them away and come back to them after a while. You will be amazed at how many dreams come true when you dare to dream. Dare to believe wishes come true. And go out and meet life half way.

The dreams don't have to be big. They do have to exist. Set a date, a place and a time for what you want to happen in your life. Start small and make things happen. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment