Monday, February 4, 2013

Grateful for Mondays ...

Another Monday morning has rolled around oh-so-quickly. I woke up in a stupor in the middle of last night and thought I was going to wake up to a Sunday morning. My heart sunk when I realized that I had already spent my Sunday. So Monday morning it is ...

Gratitude. Focus on gratitude!

I woke up with my alarm this morning. I am grateful for the ability to sleep. I went to bed at 9:30 last night. I was quickly losing consciousness in front of the TV so I thought that I may as well take advantage of the opportunity to sleep eight solid hours in my bed. And I did.

As I near the end of another month's supply of my prescription, I was grateful for the three month supply that my pharmacy offered me the last time that I filled it. One month speeds by so quickly and it feels like I am forever filling that prescription. Three months is awesome. As I took my pill this morning, I thought to myself "Add this to my gratitude journal! Three month refills!!"

The gift of giving. A few little opportunities arose over the weekend where I suddenly felt like I knew the 'right thing to do'. Just little things. Sometimes it is truly not the gift ... but the gesture that matters. The act of giving is a wonderful gift to the giver. I am grateful when I am on the giving end.

I am grateful that I have a reason to wake up. Every morning. Working from home is not without its pitfalls, but the benefits far outweigh them. There is a continuity to my days/weeks/months that has not been here for a few years. I love knowing that I have a job to do. Every week day.

I am grateful for the contrasts in my life. Weekdays verses weekends. Bitterly cold winter days verses mildly cold winter days. Good days verses bad days. We simply don't appreciate the little things in life unless we have something to compare them to.

I am grateful for my family. My friends. Laughter. My life.

I am grateful for Mondays. They mean that I have work to do and the opportunity to work through another week and make every attempt to improve that which I could have done better last week.

A new week. A new beginning. A new day.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment