Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wake Me When it's Summer

I went to sleep with visions of our leaking roof on my mind. I slept in until the morning news came on the radio. Highway fatalities and a house fire started by a dryer in the basement were the lead stories.

Some days you just want to crawl up into a ball and hide under a blanket. Today feels like one of those days.

I want winter to be over so badly. It started too soon. I am cooped up in the house with small children. They scraped the ruts off of our streets and the overflow went onto the sidewalks. Now (alot) of our sidewalks are impossible to walk through with the stroller. My kids are too young to play out in the snow so all we can do is walk. Taking the stroller out in these conditions is a full body workout (I shouldn't complain).

Spring is bringing change into our world. The change will not happen without a lot of hard work and perseverance ... so I am fast forwarding to summer. I want spring to be over too, so that we can get to the good part. The part where we are not dealing with frozen ground, melting snow and mud.

I woke up Monday morning ready for the weekend. Who am I kidding?? It was the middle of last weekend when I openly admitted that I was anticipating the next upcoming weekend!

I am tired. I am so tired. I am just a little bit overwhelmed by life this morning. If I can just make it until nap time ... it will be okay.

Small steps. Forward steps. One step at a time.

Besides, there is a plus side to this winter weather. As long as it stays cold enough to keep the ice dam on our roof frozen, the roof won't leak. Now, if I just don't listen to the news and bury my head under the covers I should be able to keep this facade up until summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment