Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Formula to Reinvent 'My Best Year'

I am desperately trying to look back on the Formula for Previous Happiness and I cannot help but look back on (what I think is) my best year in recent history.

That year began the in the Summer of 2009 when I put out casual call-out to all relatives when my uncle from Ontario came out for a visit that July.

Two months later ... in September, I went back to school. I was motivated with new ideas, new hope and active & stimulated brain.

I knew where I wanted to go. I was taking an active part in making that happen. I was highly motivated. From where I stood right then, I could see no reason why all would not go according to my plan.

That following February, it was the year that I said "Yes!" to participating in an out-of-province dance competition. I was an active participant in the preparation for the event. It was a dream come true.

The following spring and summer, I put myself out into the world and extended myself and invited people into my life. In April we had an Easter family gathering at our home. In May, I was a part of instigating the beginning of a summer of 'Girls Night Out' gatherings. In July, I opened my home to a pot luck at the dance studio...

One year later ... September, 2010 was to be the beginning of the end. I was fully invested in a new job that didn't live up to its expectations. I immersed myself into the world of Zumba and physical fitness ... to have my feet give out on me first. Lack of motivation gave out next. I never did regain that motivation.

Summer 2009 - Fall 2010. It was the year that anything seemed possible. I believed in myself. I reinforced that belief by educating my mind and flexed my brain muscle. I felt good enough about myself to open myself to friendships, family and gatherings of all kinds. My door was open and I invited the world in ...

I was not afraid of rejection or failure or the limitations of my budget, body or mind. I believed that anything was possible. And it was. For that magical year ...

How do I find that place again? Or can I?

We cannot relive the past. But we can take what worked and bring it forward. It is time for me to figure out the parts of that formula that worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment