Saturday, December 8, 2012

Here Goes the Memory ...

Did you ever look down at what you were wearing and not remembering putting on that particular item of clothing??

I did. Just now.

I vividly remember opening my closet door and in my mind, I knew exactly wanted to wear.

It was a pull-over hooded sweatshirt. I went to put on my jacket when I realized that I wasn't wearing what I thought I was wearing. Yes ... it was a sweatshirt. Yes ... it had a hood. But it was a zipper closing. I have absolutely no memory of selecting this particular item of clothing or doing up a zipper.

I have done this type of thing before. I am in a grocery store and I see and read the specific flavor, brand or size of grocery item that I want to buy. My hands have a different idea and pick up the item beside the desired purchase. How do I know this? Because when I get home, I find surprises inside of the grocery bag as I unpack them.

Is this only the beginning?

The more I wonder about the effects of aging ... the more I realize that I need a full length mirror beside the back door so that I can double check what I am wearing before I step out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment