Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just Write!

I'm not going to over think this post. I am just going to write. There is a great chance that it will wind up being a post about nothing. But this is the way my mind is clicking these days ...

My hair has hit a spot where it is driving me a little bit crazy. The scariest part of all? I know it needs to be cut and I am afraid to go somewhere, where they will start the downward spiral of a haircut-gone-bad. One bad haircut begets another. And another. And so on and so forth.

So ... I booked an appointment with the person who cut my hair when I was on holidays this past August. Yup. I'm travelling five hours to get a haircut. Oh ... and I will also have a chance to stop in and visit with my mom.

I can't believe how hard it was to decide to make this trip. What is my problem?!?! I think it is because I was planning on being a tag-along-girl and just go along with my Oldest Son, if it happened to work out. The unfortunate part is that he doesn't make definite plans. So I sat in limbo. Mom sat in limbo. I do not like being in limbo. I really, really don't like being in limbo when I have Mom along with me for the ride.

So yesterday morning, I decided to go. I phoned Mom and said, "I'm coming ... I will drive out in my car so that we have a car available to go wherever and whenever we want to go. And oh ... do you remember the name of the lady who cut my hair when I was out the last time?"

There are still a few details to be ironed out - will My Youngest join me or not? How will Sunday's papers get done? But I made a decision. And I'm getting my hair cut!

In preparation for the big haircut occasion, I colored my hair last night. No more roots. No more pretty 'sun kissed' hair either (I really liked the salon hair color that I got this past summer). I'm just a plain little mousy brown again. Ahem, let me correct that. I am a 'dark golden blond'. But on top of my hair? It is kind of mousy brown. Oh well. At least I don't have roots ... and a good haircut will detract from the mousiness.

Yup. This is the drivel that is overwhelming my thoughts lately. This is what is taking up space in my brain! Yikes. Now I just need to find a new pair of jeans that fit ...

Life is like that. When you have a (what feels like an unending) list of small things racing around in your head, you tend to forget how inconsequential any one of those things are. When you are faced with life and death and important life altering decisions ... this little stuff goes away.

I have been quietly accusing myself of creating a need for drama in my life. When the need for a hair cut becomes all-consuming, something is out of kilter.

Once I get my hair taken care of, I will be ready to take on the world. Just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment