Thursday, November 8, 2012

Distracted

I think I need older friends. I have adopted the attention span of a one-year-old.

I start things and walk away.
  • A blog post sits unfinished in my drafts from yesterday morning.
  • An email to my sister sat minimized on the bottom of the computer screen for the better part of two days.
  • I abandon cups of coffee.
  • The kitchen table is strewn with things that need to be done or read or put away. 
  • My to-do-list and phone calls that need to be made sit on the computer desk.
My brain is one long list of incompleteness. I can't hold onto a train of thought, let alone stick it through to the end.

I started taking some multivitamins and Omega 3 supplements on the advise of Dr. Oz in the hope that it will help my brain function better.

My Daycare Days are ten hours of distraction. I start one thing but cannot complete it because I hear something that must be investigated. From meal preparation & clean up ... to diaper changes ... to refereeing and overseeing one & two year olds at play ... to nap times ... to our much anticipated walks ...  to simply the general way the day flows when keeping your eye on such young, little people ... my attention span is pretty short these days.

I cannot believe that I wrote the entirety of this post without interruption. My one-year-olds are napping and my very tired two-year-old is watching "Toopy & Binoo" (in lieu of a morning nap). The phone hasn't rang. I haven't received an incoming email. I haven't been distracted by the Internet (except for referring to it to find out exactly what it was that Dr. Oz said about Omega 3 & how to spell "Toopy & Binoo").

There is truly no substance to my message today but I think that I may post it anyway. This is just the way my mind is rolling lately. I'm feeling distracted and a little bit flighty. No weighty issues are on my mind (except my weight ... I have officially graduated to my next new pant size ... "Yay me!").

I have a four day weekend ahead of me. I think that I must seek out and find ways to stimulate my brain. If the weather conditions keep me close to home, I have things to do and people to talk to. If weather permits, I shall go and visit real live adult people (and get my hair cut ... I am really hoping that I get my hair cut at my new favorite hair dresser)!

Now I must go make the most of the time that I have left as my young ones sleep. There is a leaf (that my one-year-old plucked off of the plant that has been sitting in front of me for at least an hour), that I must go throw in the garbage. I am wondering how many ways I will be distracted on the long trip to the kitchen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment