Friday, November 9, 2012

Decisions, Decisions ...

The day sits before me and as yet I do not know where it will take me ...

I have a rather lovely dilemma on my hands. I have today off. Plus the weekend. And a holiday Monday. Four days. Hmmm ...

I have developed the most awful habit of wasting time. Four days at home could be catastrophic. But maybe it would give me an opportunity to turn a corner and start to change this time wasting habit.

My plans are to head out to my mom's. It is a five hour drive. Their city was snowed under a few days ago. Heavy snow is in our forecast for tonight. If I am going to leave ... today would be the day.

I have frittered my time this morning, checking out the Weather Network's highway forecast. According to weather conditions, my most opportune time to travel would be to leave by noon today and travel  half way today. Then (the Weather Network's highway forecaster predicts), I could leave by 11:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and complete the last half of my trek (making it to my destination in plenty of time for my 4:30 hair appointment!).

I need to deliver flyers this morning. I should complete a bookkeeping task that I have been putting off. If properly motivated, I should be able to accomplish both of these challenges by noon. Then I would actually feel like I deserve this trip.

If I stay home and have four days at my disposal, I am afraid that the time would slip through my hands and I would have nothing to show for it. I am leaning towards going while the going is good ...

But then ... I have to get back home. But if I stay ... I'll have to entrust my hair to someone I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment