Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Adult Intervention Required

And the day started out so well!!!

I have potential supper plans for tonight. The mere idea of this catapulted me out of bed this morning and I got all of my flyers (except three) done before my kids arrived.

I tossed in a load of laundry (so my only jeans-that-fit-me will be clean when I (hopefully) go out tonight) while the kids ate breakfast. The moment the kids 'hit the floor' after breakfast, the day spiralled out of control.

The oldest set the pace. He was (literally) bouncing off the furniture and throwing toys. Yay. The younger two fed off his energy. Fun times!

So I sat down with my 2 year old and had a serious conversation about how he is the oldest and how he can teach these little guys all sorts of things. How to talk, how to behave, good manners ... he mimicked my expressions as he pretended to get excited about how he was the 'leader' and had such potential power. Then he went back to bouncing off the furniture and throwing different toys ...

I sent the youngest off for a morning nap. I turned on a movie for the oldest. The second youngest is quietly entertaining herself with the different variety of toys that I brought out. Hopefully this will reboot the morning and give us all a fresh start when the movie becomes too long and one morning nap is over.

I sent off an SOS to a friend who babysits to call me if she has a moment. I am so looking forward to adult company this evening. I have sat on the floor and conversed at the level of my one and two year olds too many consecutive days without adult conversation in between.

Anyone else out there feeling a little stir crazy? Call me. I'm sure we can find something more stimulating to talk about other than the importance of saying 'please', 'thank-you', sharing, learning the colors and counting.

In the mean time, I must go. I think I hear a garbage truck that is distracting my two-year-old mind .......

No comments:

Post a Comment