Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time to Play

I have been busy the past few weeks. We had a busy holiday followed by the state of perpetual motion once we returned home, as we reorganized the house and got it daycare-ready.

My daycare doors open this morning. I am so ready for a day where I can sit down on the floor with the kids and just ... play.

I'm certain there will be separation anxiety amongst the parents and children as they drop off their little people for the first time, but I hope that when they return they will find that their kids are happy and having fun.

I plan to have a day with few expectations. I will simply be in the moment and take it minute by minute, hour by hour. I will relax with the idea of letting the day unfold naturally and hope that translates to a calmness that my new daycare family can relax with.

I am so pleased that I will be home when My Youngest sets off for school. I will be here when he gets back. This would not have happened if I was working outside of my home. I know he is capable and old enough to do this on his own ... but I just want to be accessible. That is all that I have ever wanted ...

I feel so completely and totally grounded today. It's been a long and winding road that has brought me back to where I started. I know that I needed to step away, learn and try new things ... but I feel that every step I took away, has brought me back to where I needed to be all along. I took the long way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment