Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunshine Needed

We have exactly 12 hours and 26 minutes of daylight today. We are losing four minutes of sun per day. How do I push myself out of the glum feeling that I have as the daylight hours are visibly shrinking day by day?

Number 1 - By making the most of the sunshine we have! I stayed indoors all weekend. Yesterday, I was waiting around the house for a parcel delivery so our walk consisted of a ten minute dash to the mailbox. Today? We are going to walk. And walk. And walk some more.

Number 2 - Keep motivated! My productivity comes in bits and starts. When I am motivated and I have hours of uninterrupted time on my hands, I have the ability to accomplish a lot. Whether or not I actually do anything with that time depends on my level of motivation. I need to keep myself motivated, which in turn will lead to becoming more productive with the time I have.

Number 3 - By doing something after supper! I find it very hard to motivate myself after my evening meal. Heavens ... I even find it hard to motivate myself to make supper, let alone do much of anything productive after I eat it. Do one thing. Just one thing ... keep moving after supper.

Number 4 - Regulate my sleeping hours! Turning on the TV is a surefire way for me to fall asleep despite the hour of the day. When I turn the TV on after supper, I am fast asleep before 8 p.m., which translates into waking up at 4 a.m., which in turn, means that I am exhausted by 8 o'clock that night. I need to shift my days and nights just a little bit later.

I was up before the birds and the sun this morning. My body wanted to reject its morning caffeine intake. I am feeling rather lackadaisical at the moment ...

The stroller is out and ready to roll. We will go for a walk soon. I pulled out a recipe book and I will make some muffins today. My sisters are coming this weekend and I have a small list of things that I could be puttering away at. I will do one thing on that list while the kids are napping today.

I must keep moving. If I don't, I will allow yet another day to slip through my fingers. I've lost too many days lately. I do not choose to add one more to the list.

It's time to get moving and make the most of the daylight hours. Which I hope will translate into making something of the hours after dark.

Our daylight hours are shrinking by the minute. There is no time like now, to make the most of them. There is also no better time than the present to incorporate some good habits to help make the most of the shorter days ahead.

This is hard. I'm ready for a morning nap already .... but I need a dose of sunshine to kickstart the day.

And off we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment