Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hair of the Dog

My brain was still wide awake at 4:00 this morning, even though my body laid down at 3:30 a.m. and tried to get distracted enough by the dialogue on "The Gilmore Girls" to stop the caffeine-induced rush of thoughts that simply would not cease last night.

I woke up bright and alert (with a caffeine hangover) at 7:00 a.m. ... I thought I could and should get moving with the day. But then thought better of it. I put my eye make-up on and then thought I'd just crawl back into bed and watch T.V. for a little while.

I woke up once again at 10:00 a.m. ... now ready for the day (even more ready than I had initially been because my eye make-up was already applied and I looked more alert than I felt).

The-never-ending-to-do-list goes on. And on ...

I delivered flyers last night so that I would not have to face that task today. I knew that I would be grateful for that this morning. Now that I have written the words aloud, I feel giddy. I am beyond happy that job is done. A day where my knees are still feeling a little wobbly from the exhaustion that I've been delaying.

I finished up the flyers after 9:00 p.m. and had one final errand to run. Thankfully (I checked this before I did the flyers) the store I needed to go to was open until 10:00 p.m. ... so today, if I play my cards right, I will not have to leave the house. For anything!!

I feel like I have been on the go since we left for our holiday. It was a busy holiday. It has been even busier since we returned home. There is busy-ness in my future.

Maybe that explains my need for caffeine. After I woke up the second time this morning, I was ready for my morning coffee. Now that I am on my third cup, I am fueled up and ready to go (and I still have last night's spare iced coffee awaiting me for later in the day).

 Wikipedia quote for 'a hair of the dog': "In Tanzania, the equally swahili phrase used is "kuzimua" which means 'assist to wake up after a coma'."

I needed a little assistance this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment