Saturday, August 18, 2012

Four More Hours ...

I am booked to work the 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. shift at (previously) Job #2 which is (presently) the only job that I officially have ... which (after tonight) will be Job #0.

Which makes it official. I am back in business for myself!

This all started with taking on the job of delivering flyers in our neighborhood. Mere days after I signed on for that responsibility, I made the decision to reopen my daycare. If that wasn't enough ... destiny called and asked me to meet for lunch yesterday!

I have been asked to (gradually) take on some of the bookkeeping responsibilities for a family that I know. This will be a gradual process as each one of us weans our way into taking on additional responsibilities (and relieving the responsibilities of the person who is presently carrying the lion's share of the load).

The timing could  not have been more perfect. It sounds and feels like a win-win-win solution for the three parties involved. I am thrilled to have the ability to say an enthusiastic "YES!!" to this opportunity. Two weeks ago I couldn't have felt this unadulterated joy at saying "YES!!" to anything.

All I have to do is put in four more hours at the job that pushed me to a place where I had to react. I am grateful for that. I'm also grateful for the incredible staff that I met and worked with. And ... I am secretly grateful for the seven pounds that disappeared (which I am quite sure is as a result of the physical demands of the job and perhaps a small amount of dehydration) when I stepped on the scale yesterday!

Four more hours to go ... before I take a step into my newly renovated life. There is some work yet to be done, but I feel like the 'house has been gutted' and anything is possible once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment