Friday, July 13, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho ... It's Off to Work I Go!

The phone is ringing and changing my days again. It is sort of okay. But I'm sort of disappointed too.

The extra hours means extra cash. That is good. Right? Starting earlier means leaving earlier doesn't it? Not really.

This is the first job in my life that I consciously arrive at the stroke of the hour in which I am scheduled to start. The moment I walk through the doors, I'm busy. That is good. But do I feel like I've made a difference or accomplished what I am supposed to do? No.

Breaks? You can take them ... but I don't. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. Quitting time? You could leave when the clock strikes the hour in which you are scheduled to leave ... but I don't. I try to finish whatever it is that I may have started. Do I feel like it makes a difference? Not really.

I'm putting in my time. I'm doing my best. I'm floundering and lost. But I must go back.

Speaking of which ... I must go in an hour earlier than scheduled this morning. That is, since my schedule was changed a few days ago. My 1:00 - 5:00 shift was changed to 10:00 to 3:00; then changed again to  9:00 to 4:30. I'll probably be home late. Again ...

I wish I could say 'it pays the bills' ... but it doesn't. But it helps. So I will go back, smile and do my very best. Again.

Sigh ....

No comments:

Post a Comment