Thursday, June 14, 2012

Breaking the Silence

Sometimes it is more important to simply live life, than to sit back and write about it.

I took an unplanned leave of absence from writing here for the last handful of days. My excuses range from having nothing to say ... to having too much to say.

I had target 'audiences' this week and since I seemed to be running short on words, I spent them accordingly. I wrote a letter. I sent an email.

One could quickly become accustomed to the quiet. Once you stop doing something, even if it is something that you enjoy and is good for you, it becomes harder to restart again after a period of abstinence.

I live life best when I have a good momentum going. Routines, expectations and goals keep me on track. Too much time on my hands encourages time-wasting-endeavors. Not enough time? And I manage to get things done.

I used to have some good habits that I need to reinstate into my life. Exercising first thing in the morning. Goal setting. Writing.

Summer holidays are right around the corner. I must make the most of the time that I have been given. I need to take hold of the reins of my life and get out of the ditch I've been wading through. I may not jump right onto the highway of life, but a well worn and familiar back road will take me where I need to go. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment