Saturday, May 19, 2012

One Year ...

I've been thinking a lot about 'where I was this time last year' lately. To be precise, I was "Off ... to Alaska!!!"

I went back and read what I wrote before, during and after my journey. I watched the videos, listened to the music and went through the pictures. I was reminded of so many of the small details that I would have forgotten if I hadn't written them down.

I corresponded with my Alaskan Friend yesterday. I have been thinking about her alot as The Tulips started to bloom in our neck of the woods. Tulips will forever remind me of our enduring friendship and the visit we shared during their season in the sun.

I was reminded of my trivial worries about my hair as I raced out the door and the hair stylist on the cruise ship that was the beginning of the end of those tedious posts about my hair.

I thought back over our 'Flora and Fauna' excursions. It made me smile when I read my niece's Facebook update this morning about how calmly she reacted when she saw a bear wander through her back yard yesterday. Scary bugs and bears are everywhere ... but they will always remind me of my unfounded fear of Alaskan bugs and bears ...

Today, as I celebrate the one year anniversary of my Alaskan Holiday Adventure I am thinking of my Cruising Friend ... my first childhood friend that shared this holiday that celebrated 'Friendship'. I am reminded of the simple things that we have to enjoy right here in our own back yard. My family.

This time last year, I knew that things had to change. But the dominoes hadn't started to fall yet. I hadn't taken that Leap of Faith that has shook my world upside down and back again.

A lot has happened since this date last year. Would I do it all over again? In a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment