Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Irony of It All

Our Senior Cat has been on a canned cat food diet for the past month or so, upon the recommendation of his vet.

I constantly chide him about his messy eating habits. His food dish is in close proximity to the fridge (thus, in the kitchen) and he is the messiest little eater that I know. I keep telling him that dogs would lick the platter clean and not leave such a mess behind.

Not our persnickety cat though. He leaves a little trail of moist cat food crumbs all around his dish. He is 'done' when there are still morsels of cat food stuck to the side of his bowl. So I find myself constantly scrubbing his dish. It is a gross little job.

This morning, I had to smile at the irony as I scooped up the mess he left behind him and put it back into his bowl. I found one of my hairs in his dish. The sad thing? I picked it out for him because I thought "That's gross!"

Little things that make me go hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment