Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The End of Another Season

The Desperate Housewives are finally branching out and moving off of Wysteria Lane and onto other avenues of their lives.  It is time for me to move out of their lives and on with my own.

But first? I must see if Addison gets her baby and her man. Will Pete and Violet just follow their hearts or will Violet analyze their relationship to its final resting place? What story lines will the producers of Private Practice use to draw us back in for another season?

Then I must tune in and find out which Seattle Grace surgeons have survived the plane crash. Will this final episode have us wondering which doctors will be back next year?

I will happily tune in for the results of the semifinals and finals at Dancing With the Stars. I don't want to see any one of them go home this season. I find myself pining for Mark Ballas to bring the trophy home. He just seems like a genuine nice guy. You never see him yelling or becoming frustrated with his students nor does he create an aura of drama. And man! I love watching that guy dance!!

What is it that I am lacking in my life that I am so drawn into the land of illusion on TV?

Is it the friendships on Wysteria Lane that bear some resemblance to my real-life forever friends? Is it the real-life struggles of the relationships within the Private Practice and a cast who are at an age and stage in their lives that I can actually relate to? Is it the habit of turning in to the private lives of the interns and doctors at Seattle Grace? Or is it to see dreams come true as non-dancers transform into dancers before our very eyes?

My personal selection of TV programs mirrors what I live, desire and strive for in my life.

It is time to turn off the TV and go out and create my own daily documentary worth showing up for every morning ...

No comments:

Post a Comment