Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Feet!

I am enjoying 'Day #2' with my New Feet - the name that I have dubbed for my newly acquired orthotics ('orthotics' sounds so 80-year-old).

I have been instructed to wean myself into my New Feet gradually. If any discomfort develops, we want to know if it is originating from my New Feet; not any sudden changes I've made to my lifestyle. Darn! There goes my plan of going full tilt with a new exercise regimen. 

He still suggested that I take my New Feet on a short walk at first and see how everything feels. Then work my way up. Baby steps.

I am so certain that this is a step in the right direction. First, I will get my New Feet broken in ... then I will break into a life of movement again.

I won't be breaking out pretty footwear for anytime soon. But footwear that doesn't irritate my tender tootsies works for me.

My feet were holding me back from too many things that brought joy to my life. Dancing! Zumba! Exercise and movement of any sort has been thwarted. At first because of my feet. Then my feet became an excuse.

No more excuses!! It is time to take these New Feet and change the direction of my life.

Have feet, will travel!!! Onward ...

No comments:

Post a Comment