Thursday, April 5, 2012

Inspired

I love where I work. One of the benefits of my job as a substitute secretary for the schools is that I get to work in a vast number of schools across the city.

I am in awe of the teachers, principals, EA's (Educational Assistants), counsellors, caretakers and the vast population of the school system that makes everything work.

I work in the office so I see, hear and feel only a small portion of what transpires in a day but it makes an impact.

I hear teachers working together with everyone on their team. I hear administrators (principals, vice principals) encouraging, listening and available to staff and students alike. It feels like a family working together for the sake of their children. Doing the best that they can within the confines of a school day.

I hear calmness in their voices despite what is happening around them. I feel 'the love' as they talk, counsel and listen to the children. I see how excited the kids are as they start their day and can't wait to tell their school family what is new in their world.

No ... it isn't a perfect world. But it isn't for lack of effort. I wish that these kids knew how much goes on behind the scenes. Do the parents and students realize how hard their family at school is working to find the best solutions for them as they makes every attempt to make the educational experience a positive one?

It takes quite a team to make everything work. I am so grateful for the opportunity to sit back and absorb the wonder of what it takes to get through a day in the life of these leaders.

A day at school is so much more than the academics of learning. I am grateful for each day that I get to go to work and learn. I am inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment