Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Good Hair Story

Our neighborhood hair salon closed several years ago. I missed the convenience of being able to walk over and get my hair done. Those were the days that preceded many year's worth of bad hair stories. When I received a flyer announcing a new hairdresser was setting up shop in our neighborhood I was quietly elated.

I called on a whim yesterday afternoon and they squeezed me in late in the day. They have been open ten days ... and they squeezed me in! Yay for this brave new entrepreneur!!! I was happy for this new business before I set foot in their shop. And they impressed me every step after that.

I walked in and immediately noticed the renovations that had taken place since the last time I was there. It was simple but modern. The color schemes were all tied together and the mirrors were adorned with positive thinking messages, a few pictures that looked like they were tailor made for the spot, more positive words framed at the back of the shop, a cozy waiting/coffee spot. Someone that cared, put this look together. Simple but welcoming.

Then came the snippets of conversations. The lady I assumed was the owner was gushing about how absolutely over-the-moon-ecstatic she felt. One client was getting her nails done and her neighboring hair stylist was so interested and pleased at the overall effect of her choice of nail decoration: "The colors are beautiful! They match your shirt!" The other stylist wanted to sneak a peek at the new set of nails before they walked out the door and was full of compliments.

Compliments galore! Positive energy! The place oozed happiness!!

My stylist and I segued into a conversation about a negative work place that each of us had experienced and how we didn't realize how bad it was until we got out of it. It was at this point that my stylist told me how excited and happy she is to go to work each day in this environment.

Happy Staff = Happy Customers. It is as simple as that.

I not only entrust my hair with these people, I want to work with them. Now that ... is service!

No comments:

Post a Comment