Monday, April 16, 2012

Brave New Ideas

My Middle Son has told me on more than one occasion to keep my mind wide open and dare to explore all of the possibilities that this world has to offer. I thought that I was doing that ... until he reminded me again a few days ago.

Saturday afternoon I took my blinders off and I saw things from a different perspective. A few new ideas were born.

Which led to Sunday. I tossed the ideas out into the world to hear a little feedback. Interruptions ruled the day and though I initiated the process, I didn't have the time to follow through.

I woke up this morning and wondered why I keep doing this to myself. Why can't I finish what I start before I start testing new water again?? Oh. Right. It's because I need to find employment to supplement two months of unpaid summer vacation. That's why.

Then there is the "Twenty Seconds of Insane Bravery" quote that is taunting me. I know that I have to keep pushing myself out of what is comfortable. I know what I could do to something that terrifies me. But there is a cost factor which has me cooling my heels.

I'm not giving up on the ideas that were born this weekend. I am letting them brew a little bit. I would pursue them this morning if I wasn't headed off to work.

Twenty seconds of insane bravery. The email is written. All I have to do is hit 'Send'.

P.S. I hit the send button. I received this message:
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. localhost:25
Sorry! There was an error handling your form submission.
If at first you don't succeed ... try, try again. I resent the email via an alternate route and I await a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment