Monday, March 12, 2012

Writer's Block

I had every intention of sitting down and letting my fingers do some talking on the weekend ... but I didn't like what they were saying. So I deleted what I started to write and thought that I would come back and write when my thoughts were a little more coherent.

I do believe that I must simply sit down and let my fingers say what they want to say. I have been working hard at stifling negativity in my days and I feel the struggle in my writing. While trying to be cautious with words, I am quietening my inner thoughts and there seems to be a dam forming in my mind. The positive is fighting to get through but there are simply too many other thoughts preventing the free-flow of words.

I came across this article on the weekend "How to Deal With Negative People". If you are fighting negative vibes in your days, I highly recommend clicking on the title and perusing the article. I found situations very close to home within several points.

One day I will decipher my thoughts and write more. But for the moment, my best advise is to check out the article. If negativity is a factor in your life, cloak yourself with an invisible shield of armor and don't let someone else's words break through your protection. Easier said than done ... but there are nine other strategies to consider. Be strong!

I understand that everyone has a right to their own thoughts and feelings. But no one has a right to attack your inner sense of harmony. This slow but steady trickle of negativity has my hackles up. The 'fight or flight' mode has been triggered ... and I'm not going anywhere.

Enough said.

I have a mish mash of thoughts pinging around in my head lately. Work stuff. Life stuff. Family stuff. Friend stuff. 98% of it is good stuff. I am working at plowing my way through the 2% of negative stuff so that I can go to town and let the positive words come forth!

I'm working on it. I'm not sure when I'll get there, but it won't be long. I'm on my way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment