Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Winds of Change

I have started and deleted this post four times. I cannot find a dominant thought as my head is already fast-forwarding to the day ahead of me.

I know a little of what to expect today. While that is reassuring, it is also a little daunting.

My life is full of that right now. I see what is on the horizon. I recognize where I am at right now. It is exciting, but also a little overwhelming.

My mind is consumed with all that is going on. My fingers do not know where to start.

So I will do what must be done. I will take this one day at a time. It is all that anyone can do. I would like my chaotic mind to settle in and focus on one thing at a time.

I need to get grounded so that I have a solid place to launch off from. The ground beneath me is shifting. It is unsettling but I know it won't last.

Any change,
even a change for the better,
is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
~Arnold Bennett 

1 comment:

  1. That quote couldn't have come at a better time. Today was day 1 of my new job.

    ReplyDelete