Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reflecting on Your Life

Go! When you start repeating your stories when you are older, I want them to be interesting ones.”
These were the words uttered to me by my Middle Son when I took a tentative step and seriously considered the idea of going to a ballroom dance competition a few years ago.
The next year, I went on my Great Alaskan Cruise Adventure and the seed for my next (as yet untaken) Holiday Adventure was planted.
Oh! The things that I did! The places I went! Some were grand. Many were simple. Collecting family memories from Dad's family; spur of the moment adventures with friends; country drives; running out to have coffee with my sisters; and simply picking up the phone and inviting people into my life.
Life has been so very good since I started taking the reins and living it!
Lately, I have been actively seeking that-which-I-lost sometime over the course of the past year. The act of living passionately has been trickling through my fingers as the stark reality of life has overtaken my thoughts.
I have been actively seeking people and opportunities to pull me out of the quiet spot where I have cocooned myself. I have been pushing myself into new territory which is a little bit frightening. The words stopped flowing ... but I wrote what I could as I tried to release the toxic energy that seemed to be enveloping me.
I have been actively pursuing dreams which cost nothing. It has been work ... but it seems to be working.
This week, nothing has changed but my frame of mind. My eye is on the prize. I see where I want to go and I am doing what I can in order to get there.
I shall direct my energy towards the future ... but I will make the best of the roads that it takes to get there. When the day comes that I am sitting in the rocking-chair-of-life and reflecting on my memories ... I want them to be interesting ones!
"Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places" (Nathan Pyle)
... and they make for a more interesting story when you start repeating yourself when you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment